Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quinoa soup

I've recently created a very delicious and healthy soup. I used chicken broth and added extra water to dilute the high sodium. Then I added all my favourite and available veggies, including:
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • onions
  • celery
  • zucchini
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • tomatoes
  • various spices such as fresh ground pepper, basil, parsley, and Herbamare sea salt
And then I added cooked quinoa for some protein! I thought I'd just try it to see how it would turn out and it was actually really good! The quinoa tends to sink to the bottom a little bit so you have to stir it up. All in all, it was a great way to incorporate the endless health benefits of quinoa to your diet in a different way!

It looked pretty much like this....
Soo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment