- Black Swan
- The Fighter
- The Kids Are All Right
- The King's Speech
- 127 Hours
- The Social Network
- Toy Story 3
- True Grit
- Winter's Bone
I predict The Fighter is gonna take the Best Picture award, as well as Best Supporting Actor, Christian Bale. This wasn't my first choice of movies to see but I LOVED it! It was SO GOOD.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Black Swan and I could see it winning. The King's Speech was really good and its getting rave reviews everywhere. But True Grit? The Social Network? Toy Story 3? The Kids Are All Right? I mean, did they pick names out of a hat? No disrespect, but I don't think any of those are necessarily Oscar material. The Kids Are All Right was good, but not great. I've heard great things about Toy Story 3 but Best Picture? That might be a bit of a stretch. I also don't think Inception is worthy of Best Picture - did anybody really understand it?
The Social Network was actually really good and I think its maybe not being taken seriously because it is about Facebook.
I'm DYING to see 127 Hours!! To be honest, I don't even know what Winter's Bone is about, and I think True Grit looks like something I'd rather pull my hair out than watch.
I say its going to be a close call between Black Swan and The Fighter.
My predictions for the other main awards are as follows:
- Best Actor: Javier Bardem (because I love him, he reminds me of my boyfriend, and because that would be an amazing win). I think Colin Firth is worthy of the title, but also James Franco would be awesome
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman or Michelle Williams
- Supporting Actor: Christian Bale
- Supporting Actress: I'm really hoping for Helena Bonham Carter!
- Best Director: Sooo tough! David O. Russell for The Fighter or David Fincher for The Social Network
We'll find out this Sunday I suppose! So whip out your champagne and party dresses, the Oscars are coming!