Seem to be battling frequent or painful headaches, and you didn't overdose on the wine last night? You're not alone. Millions of people suffer from headaches every day, and popping Advil all the time is not the answer. Dr. Stephen Silberstein, professor of neurology at Thomas Jefferson University shares 5 ideas of what could be causing your pain.
1. Your desk/living space. Messy desks if you're a neat freak or too-tidy ones if you're naturally messy can both cause an anxiety headache.
2. Dehydration. Yes, we've heard it a million times, but not getting enough water is the most common reason for headaches, as it increases acidity which fires up the brain pain centres.
3. Stripes. Odd as it sounds, the lines can actually aggravate the brain and send signals to the pain centre, especially in migraine sufferers.
4. Sleeping in on weekends. Constant changes to your routine have been found to cause headaches so its best to try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. It could also be caffeine withdrawals from not having your coffee fix at the regular time.
5. Posture. Bad posture in general, as well as hunching over a desk or computer screen can cause neck pain and tension headaches (especially in yours truly).